Banana recipes are rich with different ways to do with banana for good dishes. Banana is a wonderful ingredient for cooking. Ripe banana is considered the gold source for energy. It is easy to be combined to other ingredients to make the main dishes, cakes, banana bread, fried banana with wine and sweet soup for dessert.
Sweet banana soup is not a familiar recipe such as many banana recipes to many people but it is easy to be loved if they taste once. The recipe can bring to the people who enjoy the pleasure. They may experience the range of special emotion related to banana. It is different from usual eating ripe banana daily or some cakes or bread with banana as combined ingredient.
Sweet banana soup is one of the popular banana recipes in Asia. It is loved in some countries as Thailand and Vietnam. In each place, there are different ways to cook a good sweet banana soup. This recipe does not challenge whom who want to cook it. The main ingredients including in this recipe always are the ripe banana, tapioca, coconut milk and sugar. However the taste is more interesting if there are some other ingredients to be added such as sweet potato and cassava. Especially the additional ingredient as sweet potato may contribute the advantage in this sweet soup because the sweet potato is good for our health.
Sweet banana soup is good in flavor. You may use it sometimes for dessert to renew the taste with ripe banana. There is one more point to make you to be interesting that you may change amount of some additional ingredients but they do not decrease the flavor of your sweet soup. Typically, in the sweet soup introduced in this article, you may reduce the sugar to be added in the sweet soup compared with the amount of sugar as in the recipe suggested because the ripe banana is sweet already. In the case you are in the diet plan, you may reduce the coconut milk from the recipe to 300ml – 400ml and even more. It helps you to control the fat contained in this milk.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 15-18 ripe bananas
- 250gr of tapioca
- 250gr of cassavas (optional)
- 250gr of sweet potatoes
- 450-500gr of sugar (on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 650ml canned coconut milk (you can reduce the coconut milk as you love to)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 liter of water and a haft
- Roasted peanuts
- Peel the ripe bananas, cut each one into three pieces diagonally, add 200gr of sugar; soak them for some hours. In the case that your bananas are ripe well, it does not need to soak the banana in the sugar.
- For the cassava, you should peel them and soak into the water for 4-8 hours, and then clean them, cut them into pieces in 1cm for each one.
- For the tapioca, it should be soaked into the hot water for 4 hours before. It will save your time in cooking.
- And for the sweet potatoes, you just peel them, cut diagonally in the same size of the cassava. To keep the fresh color of the sweet potatoes before cooking, you should soak them into the cool water after peeling.
It seems that the time for banana recipes like banana sweet soup is so long, however it is not. If you intent to cook it, prepare ingredients before and your duration of cooking be shorten so much.
- In the big pot, boil the water, add the sugared ripe banana and cook for 15 minutes. Add the cassavas and sweet potatoes. The time for cooking is about 10-12 minutes additionally.
- Add salt and the rest of sugar, you can taste the soup to be sure that it is sweet as you wish.
- Add the tapioca and wait for 5 minutes till be done well. And then add the coconut milk.
- Lower the fire of your cooker. The sweet soup is boiled again lightly. Add the vanilla powder and turn of the oven. Your sweet banana soup is done. It is ready for you to enjoy. Do not forget to add some roasted peanuts into the soup to make the sweet soup to be more attractive.
You can enjoy the warm sweet banana soup or have the sweet soup when it is cool. Pay your attention that the cool sweet banana soup is more compact than the warm sweet banana because the tapioca still enlarge their size after cooking.