We all know from the mashed potatoes, there are the rich recipes to do in our kitchen. These recipes are wonderful in flavor by the great combination of different ingredients together. Potatoes with their mash are popular in many kitchens. So it seems the creation related to these element in food is not limited.
Mashed potatoes are also considered the good batter in particular because the starch. They are nice mixture for shaping thanks to home chefs’ creation. You can find out the long list mashed potato cakes from sticks, short sticks, flatten shapes to round cakes. Each type is easy to attract us who whether cook or enjoy.
Especially mentioned to round form, there are the forms such as pure form, form with inside types and form with covering outside. And in this article, we may start to fry the simple type with simple ground meat inside. Deep fried mashed potato with meat inside is called by the popular name as stuffed potatoes or stuffed mashed potato balls. Depend on your flavor and your creation, you can make the different stuffed mashed potato balls as you love to.
Many people suppose that the deep fried dishes are not good for health. The point is not absolutely true like that if we know how to control the food and choose the best way for frying dishes not to harm our health. And with stuffed mashed potato with ground meat inside, we absolutely can apply for this recipe. To have a better inside for health, you may choose the ground white meat like breast chicken, lean pork,..And for the frying, the oil like sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, etc should be chosen. And we use the oil for frying only one time, it means that not to reuse this fried oil for the next frying time.
Prepared and fried time: 45 minutes
For mashed potato balls
- 5 medium baked or boiled potatoes
- Milk for mixing
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)
- A pinch of salt
For ground meat filling
- 100 g of ground white meat ( lean pork or breast chicken)
- ½ teaspoon of peppercorn
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of tomato sauce
- 1 spoon of onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of garlic finely chopped
- Vegetable cooking oil for frying
For the meat inside:
- Mix ground meat with spices well.
- Stir-fry the mixture for some minutes or until cooked. You can taste if the inside suits your flavor.
For mashed potato covering:
- Mash the boiled or baked potatoes
- Add milk a little by little to make the mashed potato well. Control the milk and check if the mashed potatoes to be possible to shape by hand.
- Add salt, you can taste if it suits your flavor.
- Add cornstarch if you love to make sure the cakes are better to be shaped.
- Spoon mashed potatoes, round it and put it aside. Do the same steps for the rest of mashed potatoes.
For the balls
- Flatten each mashed potato rounded slightly, add meat mixture cooked in the middle and cover it tenderly. Round the ball again.
- Do the same step with the rest mashed potato rounded.
- Heat the cooking oil and fry the balls until lightly golden. Take them out and place on the oil absorbent cooking papers.
- Serve warm with chili sauce.