Healthy fruit recipes include different recipes with different way in preparing. You may find out the popular healthy fruit recipes such as smoothies, salad, juice etc. And there is the jam recipe with fruit that may make your breakfast shining or contribute to the cake recipes to be more fascinated.
In the healthy fruit recipes with jam, pineapple jam is one of the balance recipe in sweetness. Pineapple is the popular fruit. It is not only a fruit for refresher but also a great element for jam and also some main dishes. Especially the pineapple jam is used in some cakes and it makes the cakes to be perfect in the flavor as a layer cake with jam, the cookies and a sweet bread etc.
To make pineapple jam as the healthy fruit recipes, it does not ask you the complicated steps as other jams but you have to spend the time for cooking. The pineapple is not so sweet but there is a little bit of the sourness contained, so it always creates the eagerness to the people who enjoy it.
Cooking time: 1h30’ – 1h 45’
- 2 ripe pineapples
- ½ kg of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Peel the pineapples and cut their eyes out. Wash the pineapple and let them dry.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- Add the sugar and let them in the cool place for 45 minutes. You can keep the pineapple in the sugar for 8 hours or a night, the pineapples will absorb the sugar strongly.
- To cook the pineapple jam, you need to be patient. For 20 minutes at the beginning, you can cook in the high heat and then reduce it if the water in the pineapples a little bit dries. You should stir the jam continuously in the last minutes when the jam is sticky. This way will help you to keep the light jam color, also to avoid the case that the jam is burned. If you love the dry jam, you can turn off the cooker when the jam sticks your spoon or chopsticks.
- Let jam cool and it becomes drier. If you like the wet jam, you can stop to cook sooner.