Almond cookies are loved by many people. They are fat with good fats for wonderful taste and fragrant with special aroma from almonds when they are baked. There are different ways to make these cookies and you may start to try with one of the simplest way like recipe introduced in this article.
Almond cookies are advised to be consumed because the almond ingredient is good for health and healthy eating plan. Be made from almond, almond meal or ground in almond cookies’ recipes supplies the valued nutrition for our health.
Much like other nuts in the healthy nuts list, almond is rich in Vitamin B, Vitamin E, choline, folate, fiber, saturated fat and other essential minerals. It is proved to contribute to balance diet effectively. The fatty acids and nutrients in these nuts may help to lower cholesterol. By this reason, almond and almond products are considered the smart choices. They are as the additional factors for daily meals and menu in which there is almond cookies in the positive direction.
In the researches, almond and almond meal are arranged in the good food list. So the almond cookies and many recipes with almond or almond meal are widely used in the kitchens of the home chefs. They believe that the dishes contained almond are such as cakes, bread types etc that may contribute to the healthy eating plan daily.
For many almond cookies’ recipes, you may see the different ingredients mixed to create the rich flavor to cookies. However for heart health, the simplest cookies are believed to be the better. From this reason, the recipe of almond cookies as in this article with only two main ingredients included white egg and almond ground is considered a good choice. The amount of sugar suggested is possible to be increased or reduced base on your health or special request for eating plan. The good fats from these cookies are guarantee for your health even heart health or cholesterol status.
Prepared time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 45 minutes to 1 hour at least
Baked time: about 17 minutes
- 120 g almond ground or almond meal
- 60 g sugar powder
- 2 eggs white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or a pinch of vanilla powder
- A pinch of salt
- Dry almond ground with very low heat.
- Sift sugar powder and mix it with almond ground, a pinch of salt and vanilla if the powder is used.
- Beat the egg white by hand mixer till it turns be stiff peaks form.
- Mix the almond mixture and beaten egg white following folding technique. Add vanilla extract in the process of mixing in the case the vanilla extract is used instead of powder.
- Fill the mixture above into piping bag and make it for nuts with size as you love to. The size suggested is double in size of button. And let them wait in 45 minutes or an hour. It is possible to bake as soon as piping but for waiting time, the cookies look better.
- Before baking, preheat the oven at 180 C degree for 7-10 minutes and then bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes or till the time they turn to light brown.
- The cookies are well done, take them out and let them cool. Then keep them in the plastic bag to be crispy.