Dark chocolate is one of the heart healthy foods. It is an ingredient for many recipes that be good for health. The use of dark chocolate in different recipes in which there are the recipes like brownies and some types of cakes, cookies, is considered a solution to change the taste. And this way may also help to consume dark chocolate richly compared with consuming it solely.
There are the researches published about the positive effects that dark chocolate can give, so it is one of the heart healthy foods advised to be used regularly. The benefits from dark chocolate gives such as to help to lower the blood pressure, lower the risk of cardiometabolic disorders.
For more than 10 years, the results of researches from The UK and The US announced the effects of dark chocolate to heart health. Through their studies, to the people who consumed dark chocolate regularly, the risk of cardiovascular disease to be reduced compared with the people who did not eat dark chocolate at all. The results have been the good new for whom who love chocolate, especially dark chocolate.
Recognized as a part of heart healthy foods, dark chocolate is used more and more in the recipes in the kitchens by the chefs and home chefs with their great creation. There are the popular recipes for the list of low cholesterol recipes such as pudding chocolate with dark chocolate or cupcakes or muffins with this ingredient. And then the recipes with brownies are implemented with dark chocolate as a main ingredient. It became also the wonderful recipes to be made more and more.
The rich recipes related to dark chocolate give more choices to the people who are seeking the healthy recipes for heart and health generally. And in the list of heart healthy recipes, brownies recipe is truly a beneficial recipe for you to try or to do. It is not so difficult to make and the ingredients are not so complicated to combine together.
Prepared time: 15 minutes
Baked time: 30-40 minutes
Serves: 9-12 servings
- 150 g of dark chocolate chopped
- 30-50 g of dark chocolate chopped for mixing in the end of the mixture before baking (optional)
- 80 g of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 spoon of cocoa powder
- 150 g of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or a pinch of vanilla powder
- 2-3 whole eggs or 1 whole eggs + 2 eggs white ( in the case you love to limit the cholesterol from the egg yolk
- 80 g of whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 C degree.
- Prepare a square pan 20 cm. Spread the butter in the pan, and place the baked paper in the bottom of the pan.
Prepare the mixture for brownies
- Heat a cooker with water and then place above the bowl of 150 gr of chocolate and 80 gr of butter for melting.
- After melting, take the bowl from the cooker and add cocoa powder and sugar in. Stir them well.
- Continue to add vanilla and eggs in the mixture and stir them. Then add flour and salt. Mix them fine. In the end, add 50 gr of chocolate chopped.
- The mixture is well done. Pour it into the baked pan. Bake it for 28-30 minutes or till the time your toothpick to check the brownies is not sticky with the wet mixture.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Let it cool. Cut it into pieces and serve. It is nice taste in both cases included keeping in room temperature or chilling.