Many people today believe that healthy drink recipes are considered the recipes cooked at home. That is the reason why you may see a long list of homemade recipes even the drinks types like milk types prepared in the private kitchens instead of buying from the stores.
In the list healthy drink recipes, you can find the very easy recipes to do such as rice milk, almond milk, soy milk etc. One of them that makes some people love to enjoy is sesame seed milk in general and black sesame seed milk in particular. Black sesame seed milk is the milk type for vegans. It is used in the strict diet plan needed the healthy milk with rich nutrients.
Black sesame seed is tiny but it contains the rich source of minerals and vitamins. It is found out 20 benefits at least in this seed type. The popular benefits are read out fast such as lowering cholesterol, boosting heart health, preventing cancers, reducing blood pressure, preventing diabetes and many other benefits.
Base on the advantages contained in the sesame seed, the milk from it is advised to consume regularly. In the market, there are different types and brands of sesame milk with rich flavor and even mixed milk with some other seeds and nuts. It is so convenient for us to go to the stores and get some types for using. However some people consider that it is better if they can make the sesame milk at home to limit the sweetness even the additional ingredients.
If you have the same ideas, you can cook black sesame seed milk at home to contribute to your healthy drink recipes. The milk may replace other milks sometimes. It is also to rich the flavor and add into the healthy eating plan with the golden source of nutrition from the black sesame seeds.
Prepared time: 30-35 minutes
Serve: 2 servings
- 80 g black sesame seeds + water for washing
- 1 liter water for boiling
- 50-70 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Wash the sesame seeds by adding water and stirring them and then wait for some minutes. Take the seeds out and repeat the same steps with other water one more time. And let the sesame seeds to be dry.
- Divide black sesame seeds into two parts with 40 g for each.
- Grind well by the blender 40 g of sesame seeds with some spoons of water. Add 400 – 600 ml of water into the ground sesame seeds. Sieve them. Boil this liquid in the medium heat. Stir it. Let the liquid to be boiled for 5-7 minutes. Remove it from the stove.
- In a pan, fry the rest of sesame seeds until they are cooked. You may smell the aroma of the sesame seed cooked well. Turn off the stove and let the sesame seeds to be cool.
- Grind the fried sesames seeds well. Spoon them into the liquid boiled. Cook the mixture again for boiling. This step is to make your black sesame seed milk to be more attractive by the fragrance.
- The mixture is boiled, turn off the stove, sieve it again for smooth liquid.
- Boil the liquid and add sugar, a pinch of salt. Taste it if it suits your flavor. The milk is done. Remove from the stove.
- Pour the black sesame seed milk into a glass to serve warm or let it to be cool and pour it in the glass bottle covered, then keep it the fridge. Best using is in 2-3 days with the whole aroma of sesame seeds.