Tasty egg recipes include flan cake surely. Most of people who love to enjoy flan cake as an elegant and fascinated dessert. There are different recipes for flan cake but the main ingredients always include milk and yolk.
Tasty egg recipes like flan cake may give the passion but it can make many people who have to worry about the fat and cholesterol level contained in it. We know the yolk is high in nutrition but it is high in cholesterol too. So enjoying an original flan cake can be a problem to some people in the case that they are in the situation of high cholesterol or some same cases.
Flan cake is one of the custard form, it gives the high vitamin, mineral and caloric value. So this recipes belongs to tasty egg recipes that give the nutrition to whom who love to gain weight more than the case with strict diet plan. It seems to be true. However in the rich ways of making flan cake today, there are changes of ingredients to suit the healthy eating plan compared with this original tasty egg recipe.
To enjoy the flan cake without so much concernments, you can change the milk by the type that suits your need such as skim milk, non fat milk. You may also reduce the sugar amount mentioned in the recipe. And you may reduce the caramel sauce for the cake. The result of a flan cake with the ingredient changed gives the attractive flan cake following the ingredients used. It gives you a new experience with focusing in your situation related to health. And of course it does not give any serious trouble in flavoring.
To make your flan cake to be perfect about flavor and healthy value that suit your circumstance, you may love to check again the original flan cake and then glance the ingredients replaced or reduced maybe as below:
Prepared and cooking time: 1h15’
- 3 yolks
- 220ml of unsweeted milk, you may replace by skim milk or some type meet your requires.
- 80gr of sugar, you may reduce 20-30 gr, even a half of the amount in the recipe – it is possible.
- sugar and water for caramel sauce, you may make the thin caramel sauce to reduce the sweetness.
- a pinch of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 6-8 cupcake shapes
- Stir the yolks with the milk also the sugar and salt. Pay your attention that to stir the mixture gently. Add the vanilla in the end.
- Heat the oven at the temperature of 180-200 c degree.
- To make caramel sauce, in the pan, you boil the sugar and water till the time it becomes to be brown like honey color. Turn of the cooker and pour the caramel into the cupcake shapes with a thin layer to reduce the sweetness. And then pour the mixture of eggs and milk into the cupcake shapes slowly.
- Boil the water and then pour it into the deep baked tray and then set the flan shapes in it. Bake the flans for 45 minutes to an hour. You can check the flan cakes that be done or not by a toothpick, if your toothpick is clean, the flans are well. When the flans are done, take them out off the oven and let them cool. Use the knife to separate the cake with the shape gently, then pour it into the dish, add some ice and enjoy.