In the list of heart healthy recipe, there are different recipes with sweet potatoes as a main ingredient. Sweet potato is considered one of the gold sources for health by the benefits that it brings to us. There are the studies to prove that sweet potato may contribute to heart health because it may help the blood flows better by the rich source of Vitamin B6 contained. And the high amount of potassium that may help to lower blood pressure.
From the benefits for the healthy heart like that, it is difficult to deny some recipe with sweet potato. You may see sometimes there is the heart healthy recipe that prepared carefully with the expensive ingredients. However the sweet potato gives us the advantages both of nutritive value and economic value. The ingredient is cheap that suites anybody. Beside there are different ways to cook with sweet potato. It is easy for you to make a heart healthy recipe with sweet potato and without so much challenge. It may give you the good dishes with the plentiful way to serve to renew your taste. And sweet potato bread or buns can be one of this.
If we have a whole grain bread loaf in the breakfast for the purpose of ensuring your health in some ways, the combination with sweet potato may contribute to doubling benefits. So if you have time and love to renew your taste, you may try to make some sweet potato buns to enjoy. It is very interesting.
Prepared time: An hour and 25 minutes
Baked time: 40 minutes
- 600gr of bread flour
- 300gr of boiled sweet potatoes
- 50gr of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry instant yeast
- 350ml of warm boiled sweet potato water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oils
- 50 gr of butter
- To boil the sweet potato, firstly you peel and clean it, cut it into slices which are in 1 – 1.5 cm for each one and then boil them for some minutes till be done on time.
- Grind the sweet potato. If you love to have the smooth bread, grind the sweet potato fine. If not, just break the slices of sweet potato and your breads are still there some small pieces of sweet potato inside.
- Keep the boiled water after boiling the sweet potato to knead the flour later.
- Preheat the oven to 200 – 220 C degree, depend on your oven.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Keep 100 gr of bread flour to use when you knead the dough. You mix the sweet potato into the dry mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil into the mixture, mix them up.
- Add the warm boiled sweet potato water and knead the dough well. The time for kneading is about 15-20 minutes.
- Cover the dough by a clean towel or plastic. Put the bowl of dough in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour. The dough rises up and it looks double in size, press your finger in it, if the pressed hole keeps well, it rises enough.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, device it into 9 pieces, shape them and let them in rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, bake them for 35-40 minutes at 200-220 C degree. It depends on your oven.
- The breads are done, take them out off the oven, apply the butter to theirs surface. Wait for 1-2 minutes, the sweet potato breads are ready for serving.