Processed meat is rich in types today. It is consumed widely in daily menu in families with different recipes. For making bread and some savory cakes, processed meat in general and smoked sausages in particular are loved to be used as a wonderful ingredients. And in this article, simple smoked sausage bread roll-ups is one of the recipes used this type of processed meat with smoked sausage as a main ingredients.
It is called with the lovely name such as pigs in blankets, small bread roll-ups with the popular processed meat like smoked sausage is attractive bread to many people. The simple recipe with two main ingredients but it is rich taste base on the flavor of the sausage types.
Each country or area where has the private taste in sausage, this point helps to make simple pigs in blankets to be more interesting. Beside the way that the chef roll the bread up, is also the feature to create the pigs in blankets to be rich in shapes but not the only shape.
Processed meat is always advised not to be use so much or it should be consumed in the limit or under consideration. Compared with the bread with white meat such as rose buns with white meat filling or round bread with white meat and cabbage, simple smoked sausage bread roll-ups or pigs in blankets should be consumed under consideration in the case you are in the tight eating plan for health.
In the case you have no any special request from eating plan for health, simple smoked sausage bread roll-ups may be used to change the taste and rich your menu. The bread should be used together with some simple salad to balance your meal.
Prepared time: 25 minutes
Time for dough to be rise: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Baked time: 25 minutes to 28 minutes at 180-200 C degree (depend on your oven)
Serve: 18 small bread roll-ups
- 420 g whole wheat flour + 80 g whole wheat for process of make dough
- 30 g of instant yeast
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 350 ml unsweeted milk and low fat
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 80 g granulated sugar
- Smoked sausages in cocktails type (18 sausages with the length of 4 cm – 5 cm for each)
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil for process of make dough
- Light warm about 100 ml of milk, add a pinch of sugar and instant yeast for 10 minutes.
- Mix 420 gr of wheat flour with the rest sugar, salt fine
- Crack and beat the egg fine, mix it with the rest of milk and olive oil.
- Add the liquid mixture into the dry mixture regularly till the end. Mix fine and knead the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Scan cooking oil in a large bowl and put the dough in. Scan over the face of dough with cooking or olive oil to keep the dough not to be dry. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and place the bowl in a warm place. Wait for the dough is double in size. The time for rising is about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- When the dough doubles in size, take it out of the bowl.
- Divide the dough into 18 peaces and shape it round. Let them rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Flatten the dough piece. Place a sausage in the middle. Fold both side of the dough. Press the edges of the dough to be stick together. Till now you have already one small bread with sausage inside.
- Continue do the same way with the rest of dough. Brush the dough with milk or water or egg beaten to keep the dough not to be dry. And let them to rest for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180-200 C degree.
- Bake the small breads for 180-200 C degree (base on your oven) or until the breads turn to light golden. Turn off the oven and let them cool.
- Serving the small breads while they are still warm is possible.