Today, white meat is used to make the filling for cakes and healthy bread to serve a meal with full of energy. There are different way to make buns with meat filling. If you are romantic person who love bread and concern about the health with white meat to be used, the rose buns are the interesting type in baking and you should try.
White meat in the rose buns for filling may be lean ground pork or ground chicken breast even fish fillet chopped. You can choose a white meat type for the filling following your favorite. The buns are lovely by the charming shapes as small roses on your plate. The softness from the nice wrapper with the aromatic meat filling mixed the spices may passionate many people as in the first sight.
Rose buns with white meat filling are the art in making bread supposedly. They are also ensure in some aspect the nutritive value for health with whole wheat flour, white meat and simple spices. Enjoy some rose buns with white meat filling and simple salad in the morning, you will have enough energy to start a day with a pleasant mood.
Prepared time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Bake: 18-20 minutes
Serve: 16 rose buns
For the dough
- 500gr whole wheat flour
- 40gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 320ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons of cooking oil or olive or butter melted
- 1 yolk + 1 teaspoon of water or milk to make the mixture to moisten the buns after shaping.
- 1 teaspoon of yellow sesame seeds for sprinkling over the buns after shaping.
- 1 teaspoon of butter to scan the buns after baking (optional)
- 250 gr lean ground pork (ground chicken breast meat may be used in replacing)
- 80 gr chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cooking oil or olive
- ½ teaspoon of garlic minced fine
- ½ teaspoon of whole grain flour
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- Make the dough like the dough in the recipe of Round bread with white meat and cabbage
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add warm water for kneading from 15-20 minutes. Put the dough in a bowl with oil scanned. Cover the bowl by food plastic wrap or clean towel. Place it in a warm space for 45 minutes for rising.
- Squeeze the chopped onion.
- Mix lean ground pork, onion, salt, cooking oil, black pepper, minced garlic together, whole wheat flour and cornstarch together. Divide the meat mixture into 16 parts and shape them round.
- When the dough rises double in size, take it out and divide into 16 pieces. Roll them out and cut 4 diagonal splits with each split to 2/3 of the piece of rolled dough.
- Place the meat shaped in the center of the rolled dough.
- Cover the meat filling by a section of cutting dough. Just cover it with 2/3 to expose the chop of meat filling. Scan the yolk mixture in two edges of this section. Then cover continuously meat filling with the opposite section of first section. Press the edges together.
- Do the following steps with the rest cut sections and you have a rose bun.
- Repeat the steps for rose buns with the rest dough pieces. Let them wait for 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degree.
- Moisten the rose buns surface with yolk mixture and sprinkle the yellow sesames over the buns.
- Bake the buns for 18-20 minutes or until they turns to be golden.
- Take the buns out of the oven, scan the butter over them if you like.
- The rose buns are more delicious if they are served when they are still hot or warm.