White meat chicken is widely used for diet plan. The reason why it is popularly consumed, we maybe known. We read daily news related to health generally, food in which there is white meat in the good food list contributes to our health in positive way. Each recipe with white meat like white meat chicken is considered an element to help us to build the eating plan better.
In the last article related to white meat chicken with breast chicken concretely, we knew one of the nice recipes for breakfast like chicken breast sticky rice. And in this article, you may change to chicken noodle soup as a replacement. The nutritive value that it gives maybe in the same level in the case you use the best part from the chicken like chicken breast. If you have no any tight diet plan, you can use other parts without skin from chicken. It is still a healthy recipe for your daily menu.
Not much like chicken breast sticky rice, some ingredients such as lettuce, bean sprouts and different spices and herbs can be added in the chicken noodle soup. These factors give the rich flavor to your dish. Lettuce and bean sprouts are great foods with low calories, high fiber, rich vitamins and minerals. Use them in this dish, you have more alkaline and rich nutrients to make you to be healthier.
Prepared and cooking time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
Serve: 2 servings
- 400 g white meat chicken (or a half of chicken with bones)
- 1.2 liters of water ( in the case the white meat chicken is used)
- 1.5 liter of water ( in the case a half of chicken with bones is used, because the time for boiling it much longer)
- 1+1.5-2 teaspoons of salt (depend on your taste)
- 1 pieces of stem ginger, sliced
- 2-3 small purple onions, light pounded or 1 big purple cut into pieces and light pounded.
- 1/3 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- 160gr-180gr of dry noodle
- Water for soaking and boiling
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
Vegetable, herbs and spices to add in the dish when enjoying
- 100 gr of lettuce (optional)
- 80-100 g of bean sprouts (optional)
- Thai basil
- Chili sauce (optional) or fresh spicy chili pepper sliced in the case you love to have the strong spicy flavor
- Purple onion sliced and fried
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper spice
- Scallion cut fine
- Lime or lemon for some juice drops
- Boil the chicken for soup. Add ginger and purple onion light pounded and a teaspoon of salt. The time for boiling about 18-25 minutes or till the time chicken is done in time.
- Soak the dry noodle into water for 5-7 minutes. Boil the water and poach noodle in boiling water to make it fine in time. Take it fast out of the boiling water. Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil in the noodle as soon as taking it out from boiling water and mix noodle with vegetable oil carefully. This step will help to avoid the state of noodle to be stick together.
- Fry red onion sliced
- Arrange lettuce, Thai basil, lime or lemon sliced in a dish for ready
- Check the chicken boiling if it is done. Take it out and let it cool. Shred the chicken
- Continue boil the soup and add salt, sugar (optional). A pinch of sugar may make the soup to be nice in flavor. Keep the soup hot on your cooker. Taste the soup and balance the spice as your flavor.
- Place bean sprouts in the bottom of the bowl, then the noodle above. Add shredded chicken, scallion, ground black pepper spice in the top. Spoon the hot soup into the bowl. Add fried purple onion.
- Enjoy the noodle with lettuce, herbs, some drops of lime or lemon juice and chili sauce.