Diabetic dessert recipes are the simple but gracious gifts to bring back the diabetes to normal life as healthy people without suffering the disease. In the diabetic dessert recipes, most of the ingredients used are in low carbs. And there are many fruits in which included banana are used as a good ingredient to meet requires for some diabetic dessert recipes with natural sweetness.
With banana as an ingredients in diabetic dessert recipes, you may find out different and interesting recipes like banana pudding as an example.
Banana pudding compared with many diabetic dessert recipes it may give a new flavor but old and simple way in making. There are milk, bread combined the recipes to create the soft and porosity for the cake. With banana pudding it can be tasted as hot and cool or cold status. The flavor of this type is good always. It is impressive by the sweetness of ripe banana but this diabetic dessert recipe does not make people to worry so much about the effects from it to health seriously.
In the list of fruits that are good for diabetes, banana is not the ideal fruit for them. It is cause of the controversies of good or bad side of this fruit to diabetes. It is believed banana is so sweet and it does not suit with diabetes. However the main point is not the sweetness from banana, this fruit has its value to health surely. Consume and use banana in the right way and under control, we of course can gain the good result for health even if we are in the circumstance of diabetes. Banana is rich in nutrition with source of fiber, vitamin C, potassium. It is easy to combine with some other healthy ingredient to create the healthy dessert. That is the reason why banana is still the wonderful ingredients in diabetic dessert recipes. If you are familiar with popular diabetic dessert recipes with banana, now is the time you may try a new one with banana pudding.
Prepare and bake: An hour – An hour and 15 minutes.
Serve: 6-8 servings
- 500-600gr ripe banana (300-400gr of mashed banana or puree and 200 gr of sliced diagonally)
- 1 spoon of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 80 gr sugar for diabetes (optional, it is possible to be reduced or not to be added)
- 80 gr butter melted
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of rum
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 100-140 gr of low carb bread
- 100 ml of low fat milk, unsweeted
- Round cake pan ( size proposal like 18cmx8cm or 18cmx2cm or springform cake pan)
- Soak bread into milk for some minutes to be soft completely.
- Preheat the oven at 220 C degree (lower the heat at 180-190 C degree when bake the cake).
- Mix the soaked bread with banana mashed.
- Add the ingredients included whole wheat flour, cornstarch, egg, sugar, salt, rum, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of butter melted into the banana mixture.
- Scan the melted butter in the cake pan and then put the sliced bananas as a layer in the cake pan.
- Pour the mixture of mashed banana into the cake pan.
- Bake the cake with the temperature at 180-190 C degree for 45 minutes.
- After 35-40 minutes, you may use the toothpick to check the cake. In the case of the toothpick is clean, the cake is done nearly. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn off the oven. Open the oven and wait for some moment then take the cake pan out of the oven.
- Use a knife to separate the cake from the cake pan. Cover the pan by a large dish and then turn the pan to take the cake out of the pan.
- Cut the cake and serve. The cake is good in hot, cool and even cold status.