Low cholesterol recipes are important to many people now. The recipes may contribute their process to maintain the health in the sustainable status. And in the low cholesterol recipes, the white meat in which there are the fish in types are advised to use. One of the popular fish types in consuming is tilapia. This freshwater fish gives the rich nutrition with high protein but low fat percentage.
The tilapia contains amount of cholesterol. So it sounds funny if it is used in the meal planning to low cholesterol. However, the point is that you are always to advise to consume tilapia with the controlling amount for your health in the best. So there are different recipes with tilapia arranged in the list of cholesterol recipes that you can use.
In the list of low cholesterol recipes with tilapia, there is the way to maintain the balance of cholesterol in consuming tilapia by the combination with some ingredients such as tomatoes and pine-apple. Beside the additional ingredients may help you to have better flavor of the dish. Thus, this recipe is easy to do so you can prepare anytime for a good dish to enjoy.
Prepared time: 1 h 30’
- A red tilapia about 700-800gr
- 250gr of tomatoes
- A haft of pine-apple
- 80gr of green onion
- 1 bulb onion
- 50gr of shallots
- 2 spoons of vegetable oil
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1 red hot pepper/ chili
- 1 spoon of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons of oyster sauce
- 1 spoon of red wine
- Cut across with some lines on the clean red tilapia and keep the fish to be dry while you prepare other ingredients.
- Tomatoes and bulb onions are sliced. The shallots are sliced also but with its thin slices.
- Cut the green onion into 4-6 cm pieces.
- For the pine-apple, slice 2/3 of it, and dice the rest one.
- To bake the fish, It should be used an aluminum tray with its long that suites the fish.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes, pine-apple, bulb onion and green onion as a layer in the tray first. Add some salt and then set the fish on. Add the sliced shallots and pine-apple in the inside the fish, also inside the lines be cut before. Arrange some tomatoes, onion and pine-apple around the fish. Add salt, sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, vegetable oil, red wine on the fish one by one. Add the rest of tomatoes, onion on the fish.
- Cover the tray with fish by the silver wrapper.
- Put it in the oven and bake for an hour to an hour 15 minutes for 250 C degree. The time for baking depends on your oven.
- After baking, take the fish out, add some ground pepper and enjoy warmly.