Many people are looking for the low cholesterol foods. It seems to be difficult if we are looking for always the perfect low cholesterol foods. However in reality the creativity of balance related to foods is not limited. It is simpler in the case that we find out the good combination between ingredients to make the good dishes that balance the cholesterol level. And eel with white radish salad is one of them.
Eel may be arranged in the list of low cholesterol foods although there are some people who do not love to use it as a familiar food. Eel is rich of nutrition in which included vitamins and minerals. There are studies concluded that ell is even better than pork and eggs because it contains the good fat. Eel may help to lower cholesterol, blood pressure. It may help to decrease the risk of arthritis. Beside it helps to increase the health of eyes by the rich source of Vitamin A.
Thus eel can contribute to the brain health and prevent the development of diabetes. And you may see that eel is not only a low cholesterol food, but also the useful food to health effectively to different aspects. You may use eel in the stew, soup, fried dishes even grilled dishes. It is interesting if you add one more recipe like eel and white radish salad in your menu list with eel. It is also the great thing to make the low cholesterol foods to be more attractive with nice taste to change or renew the daily menu.
Prepared and cooked time: 25 – 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 320 gr of eels
- 1 big white radish (300-350 gr)
- fine sliced eryngoes
- 3 teaspoons and a haft of fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 50-80gr of fine sliced onion and fry them well
- 3 onion crushed
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- some sliced gingers
- 1 spoon of cooking oil
- In the hot pan, pour the cooking oil into the pan and then fry the fine sliced onion well to turn light brown.
- Scrub and peel the white radish, julienne after that boil the water, and then fast poach the radish and let them cool, squeeze them. You should turn off the cooker and let the boiling water is not in too high temperature, then have the white radish in, poach fast to keep the radish still be fresh. Your salad will be better.
- Wash the eels, cut them into portions about 6 cm for each one.
- In the other pan, add cooking oil a little bit, and then fry onion, garlic crushed and gingers. Add the eels, add salt. Fry the eels for 5-7 minutes to be done on time. Let the fried eels cool and after that separate the eel meat from their bones.
- In the large bowl, mix the eel and white radish together. Add a teaspoon of fish sauce, taste the salad and add more the fish sauce as your taste. Mix the fine sliced eryngoes and fried onions.
- Spoon the salad into a dish. Add some cherry potatoes for decorating. Enjoy.